Detailed Guide | NSO Birth Certificate Application Process
The National Statistics Office (NSO) “Pambansang Tanggapan ng Estadístika”, is the country’s major statistical agency responsible in collecting, compiling, classifying, producing, publishing and disseminating general-purpose statistics and Issuance of copies of Civil Registry Documents such as:
- NSO Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Death Certificate
- CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage Record )
To be able to accommodate the increasing number of applicants processing for their civil registry documents, the National Statistics Office have developed three methods.
In this article, we will guide you on the need to know steps on how you can process your civil registry documents, for example, your NSO Birth Certificate.
3 Methods – How to Get NSO Birth Certificate
Method 1: Walk-in Applications in your nearest Serbilis Outlets
Method 2: Online Applications (E-census)
Method 3: Telephone Requests / NSO Birth Certificate Delivery
(NSO Helpline Plus)
In this article, we will guide you through the walk-in application method on getting your NSO Birth Certificate
NSO Birth Certificatate Walk-in Application Process
Walking-in, the process by which you apply for issuance of your documents in person or by an authorized representative by visiting the nearest Census Serbilis Centers.
Things to Bring
- Valid ID
See Here the List of Valid ID’s in the Philippines
- Fee: P140.00
- Bring your own pen for faster filling of forms
- Authorization Letter and Valid ID of the requester if you are processing for someone else.
- Within 2 hours- for documents available in the database
- Processing time may vary depending on the Census Serbilis Outlet you visit.
1. Bring the Requirements listed above on getting your NSO Birth Certificate
- Go to the nearest or most convenient Census Serbilis Centers to you.
2. Get Application Form and Queue Number from the Information Marshall
- Fill-up the required information
3 – Proceed to the Screeners’ Desk to check if your information is complete, consistent and readable.
- Get your Application Form Stamped with “Okay for Payment”
4 – Pay to the Cashier/Collecting Officer and get the Official Receipt (O.R.)
- Check for the Stamp in the Official Receipt for the Date and Time of Release of your NSO Birth Certificate.
5 – Proceed to the Releasing Area if the Date and Time of Release stated in your official receipt is on the same day.
You now have your NSO Birth Certificate.
Please take note that according to the clause of article 7 of the child and youth welfare code, the Issuance of NSO Birth Certificate is subject to confidentiality:
This code states that
“The records of a person’s birth shall be kept strictly confidential and no information relating thereto shall be issued except on the request of any of the following:”
- The person himself, or any person authorized by him;
- His spouse, his parent or parents, his direct descendants, or the guardian or institution legally incharge of him, if he is a minor;
- The court or proper public official whenever absolutely necessary in administrative, judicial or other official proceedings to determine the identity of the child’s parents or other circumstances surrounding his birth; and
- In case of the person’s death, the nearest of kin.
“Any person violating the prohibition shall suffer the penalty of imprisonment of at least two months or a fine in an amount not exceeding five hundred pesos, or both, in the discretion of the court”.
16 Replies to “Detailed Guide | NSO Birth Certificate Application Process”
I like it when folks come together and share thoughts. Great website, stick with it!
Hi friends, its impressive article on the topic of educationand
entirely defined, keep it up all the time.
Asking questions are truly good thing if you are not
understanding anything completely, however this paragraph presents fastidious understanding even.
Great site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to some buddies
ans additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thank
you to your sweat!
Thanks for finally writing about >Detailed Guide |
NSO Birth Certificate Application Process <Loved it!
An impressive share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a co-worker
who was conducting a little research on this.
And he in fact bought me dinner simply because I discovered it for
him… lol. So let me reword this…. Thank YOU for
the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending some time to talk about
this matter here on your web site.
No matter if some one searches for his vital thing, thus he/she wants
to be available that in detail, thus that thing is
maintained over here.
Outstanding quest there. What occurred after? Thanks!
Your way of explaining the whole thing in this article
is truly good, every one be able to simply
know it, Thanks a lot.
Great article! We will be linking to this particularly great content on our site.
Keep up the great writing.
What’s up to every body, it’s my first visit of this website; this webpage contains remarkable and really fine data for readers.
We stumbled over here by a different web page
and thought I might as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.
Look forward to looking into your web page repeatedly.
Hey! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook
group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content.
Please let me know. Thank you
Hi to every body, it’s my first pay a quick visit of this weblog; this webpage contains amazing and in fact fine information for readers.
I simply want to say I am newbie to blogs and truly liked this blog site. Almost certainly I’m likely to bookmark your site . You certainly have really good articles. Thank you for revealing your web page.
Very neat article.Really thank you! Much obliged.
Comments are closed.